Conditions of Use
Reservation of Audiovisual Materials Viewing Booths for Day Card Applicants
Starting from 1 January 2019, reservation of Resource Centre's Audiovisual Materials Viewing Booths is available on a first-come-first-served basis for Day Card Applicants on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (except Public Holidays). For enquiries, please call 2119-7360.
Inside the Resource Centre
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult when entering the Resource Centre or using its facilities.
- Please help us keep the Centre a clean and quiet environment for everyone and refrain from eating, drinking, talking loudly or using sound-emitting devices, including mobile phones, in the Centre. Please switch off or mute all sound-emitting devices before entering the Centre.
- Please do not leave your belongings unattended. The Centre shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage of personal property brought to and/or left in the Centre.
- Please respect copyright. Video and audio recorders or any other reproduction equipment must not be used inside the Centre without prior approval.
Using the Collection
- The Archive's collection items are not for lending. They may only be viewed or used in the Resource Centre.
- Some collection items are not available for viewing due to copyright, preservation or other concerns.
- For proper preservation, some collection items are kept in climate-controlled cold stores. Request for viewing closed stack materials (maximum three items at a time) should be made at least seven days in advance. The request will be cancelled if the reserved materials are not used on the requested day of viewing. A new request can be made when all the requested items are returned.
- Users may be required to wear gloves provided by the Centre when viewing closed stack materials to protect the collection items.
- Please help us protect the collection items. Do not put things on top, stain, fold, tear, damage, remove, disassemble or alter any part of the materials or insert anything into the materials. You may use pencils and papers for note-taking if necessary.
- For preservation purpose, some collection items that are available for viewing are reproductions. It will take time for the Archive staff to reproduce an access copy for public viewing. The time required will depend on the nature, condition and quantity of the materials.
- All copyrighted works are protected under Chapter 528 ‘Copyright Ordinance'. Your special attention is drawn to sections 23, 38 and 39 of the Ordinance. A copy of the Ordinance is available on request at the Centre's service counter.
- Written consent must be obtained from copyright owner for reproduction of any Archive collection(s) except for copying of books for research purposes or private study. Reproduction of Archive collections should be performed by the Archive staff.
- Please acknowledge ‘Hong Kong Film Archive, Leisure and Cultural Services Department' and copyright owners when citing or using any reproduced materials.
- The Archive shall not be held responsible for any infringement of intellectual property rights or other laws due to usage of Archive materials by any persons.
- The Archive cannot control, nor is it responsible for, the accuracy of the content of Archive materials or any information displayed on the Internet.
- Users of Archive materials shall indemnify the Archive against any losses, damages or expenses incurred to the Archive arising from a breach of the aforesaid conditions.